Monday, September 13, 2010

The Future...

I am more appreciative now than I was when I was younger. I've really been thinking over a lot of things, how I will apply this degree. Where I will finish it out.... all those sorts of questions. I want to rush ahead, start planning... That is my way. I don't know why but I can be very rigid about wanting a plan.

Perhaps that is why I have a hard time with patience in waiting on things! I never thought about that before but that would make a lot of sense. I honestly almost need a straight edge plan of attack, an ultimate goal in mind before I set out.

I am leaning towards two universities to finish my bachelors. Penn State & Portland State. I'm really leaning towards Portland State because the curriculum there and the additional certificates that you can earn on top of the bachelors really goes towards what I am looking forward to as an eventual career.

Okay here goes... You might think I am insane and crazy but I am really having a strong desire to try to get a position with the FBI once I'm completed. Not as an agent, mind you! I have no desire to get shot, stabbed, beat up, etc. as a career. That is not my idea of fun! I'm looking more at one of their analyst positions. Portland offers an additional certificate program (once you have your bachelors) in just this sort of training. All of my education, to get to a place where I will be able to do this, will take about six years. That would make me 39 years old, a good age and maturity to go into that sort of career. Reno will then be out of high school and most likely going to college.

My thoughts are really for the future. I'm getting older now and I cannot always live with my parents. I already grow restless. Not because we have conflicts or anything like that. We actually all live quite harmoniously together. I just know that one day I would like to have my own place, with a fenced in back yard for my babies... This is something I won't ever be able to have where I currently am. I once thought that if I was married it would be possible but if time has shown me anything, that is a possibility that might never happen. I can't sit around waiting on something that might never be.

So, this is what I am thinking. It would be a career that would keep me busy, support me & my darlings very well, and would still leave enough in my account to help others & come see my family whenever I want. Plus... I really think that it would be something that would be fun to do! Any good financial advisor will tell you, do what you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment