Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Set your phasers to stun!!!!

For those that have been wondering as to the rather vague notion to open doorways, I now can speak with full disclosure.  An opportunity to work as a Judicial Clerk at the Page County courthouse opened.  I had an interview the Thursday following the "Open Doors" posting. I interviewed and to be honest, I thought I had tanked it.  Some of the questions I was asked I did not expect to be asked.  A lot of "what if" and while I thought I had tanked the questions entirely, apparently I answered them well!  The following week, she began calling all my references which included my current boss and several co-workers.  Needless to say, the cat was literally "out of the bag"!  One co-worker, Dave, came into my office and said that if I was given the job that he would throw himself at my legs and grovel.  "Who else am I going to talk Star Trek with out here?" he cried.  I will miss Dave, he was a lot of fun.  It's not often you meet someone that loves Star Trek the way I do.  Any ways, back to the story. Last Tuesday, I was offered the position but she said that it had to go through her supervisor first along with a background check before I officially had the position.  She said I would hear from them in a few days.  Well a few days lasted a week!

Today I received the phone call from her that I had passed all the last checks and was approved by the supervisor.  She offered the job once more and I took it.  I then had to fill out a resignation for my current position.  I started feeling weepy as I did this.  While I won't miss necessarily going through those gates or knowing rather extensively the darkness in the hearts of man, I will miss many of my co-workers, especially those in the Education Department.  They're a great group of gals and that lone guy, Dave.  It's not easy making change.  I was thinking about how I'm going to have to start all over again building my reputation at this new place of employment.  However, I enjoy a challenge and I know it will be a challenge.  It sounds like the courthouse is in a season of transition, so this should be an interesting experience ahead.  With the help of Jesus, I can do all things!

This will change my life in about a million ways very soon....  To sum it up in true Star Trek form.... I will be exploring strange new worlds and seeking out a new life in new places... boldly going where I have never been before!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment